Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Doctrine of Ethos

The Doctrine of Ethos was ancient Greek philosophies which say that music or art affect humans behavior and way of thinking. Greek philosopher though that music plays an important role in peoples life. For example the Philosopher Aristotle said that certain music should be played for certain time of days. Plato on the other hand Believe it should be use for intellectual proposes.

I apply Ethos doctrine all the time. I found myself to be a music lover. Besides music have a big impact on my life. I have also different kind of music for certain occasions. There are times when I feel the need for speed and I would love to get into the I- 75 and run as fast as I can in my car. Then the kind of music that likes to play is trances music. For example the Adagio for strings by DJ Tiesto or Delirium Feat Sarah McLachlan Tiesto remixes. These kinds of songs I also like to hear them when I am at the gym it makes me hyper and I feel ready to go for it.

There are other moments when I feel kind of mad or I got these feeling of pushing. Then I like to hear rock songs. These songs are for example just like your or home by three days grace. This is the kind of rock that I like to hear. It also makes me fell to revel against something or someone.

Finally there are times when I am in love mod and like to hear song like Ricardo Montaner “tan Enamorado” song. In this song he talks about himself and a woman he loves riding this trains with that woman. I believe he compares it to the long journey that we take with the person we love the most. So it makes me feel like I am taking that train with my fiancĂ©.

No comments:

Post a Comment