Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Plato

As I grow up I have found myself applying philosophy in all my decisions. As well as searching for an answer to the question of who am I, or why I am here. In my research I have found that there was some philosopher that tried to answer those questions too. Philosophers like Socrates, Plato and Aristotle have come up with different theories. In my opinion there all have some accuracy, but the one that I relate the most is Plato.

Plato was born in Greece, Anthem and lived through 427 o 347 (B.C.E). He died at the age of eighty. Plato was also a student of Socrates. He was the one who wrote all the work and though of Socrates. Even though Plato was a student of Socrates he had a different philosophy. Plato also was a wrestler and it is been said that use to wrestle at the “isthmian” games.

Plato philosophy is called the “world of Forms”. This means that he believed that there exist two worlds. One that contains perfection and the other does not. In another words, Plato believe that the real form or perfection of something exist in another world or in our mind. Therefore in the real world we might find the close to perfection of that same object. He also believes that we could use math and philosophy together. Plato use to isolate himself for forty days in order to solve of find answer to a problem.

One of the good things that Plato did was in the creation of a School called “Academy”. There he used to teach math, Gym and philosophy. The main propose of the Academy was that people could gain Physical beauty and mind beauty. Plato also charge people for in order for them to assist to the Academy. Finally, I could said that I relate to Plato based on that we share some ideas.

First of all like Plato every time I have a problem I think over and over until I find a solution. It always has worked for me. There was this time when I had to install four florescent lamps in an office. Which they had to be embedding into the ceiling and the space was too short for they to fit. So I spent the whole day thinking for a solution which I found the next day. Besides I enjoy exercising and wrestling just as Plato did.

No comments:

Post a Comment