Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The role of Philosophy in your daily Live?

Since the beginning of time, philosophy has played an important part through different society and cultures. All kind of philosophers have come up with different theories. Theories like “the world of form” by Plato and the theory of individualism by John Locke. Yet as I started to grow up I have found myself applying philosophy in most of my decisions, even though I did not know what philosophy was. Also I have found myself searching for an answer to the questions like, who I am, why I am here or how Shakespeare used to say to be or not to be. Therefore since I started to learn what philosophy was and the different philosopher that existed. I realize how important philosophy was to me.

To begin with it is impossible to say whether someone will be better off without philosophy. Because even though we do not realize it, we use philosophy in different aspect of our life. Besides, base on the Wikipedia website “Philosophy” is definite as the study of general and essential problems such as existence knowledge, values, reason and mind. Therefore we are always using philosophy in order to deal with the problems that we have to face every day. For example if we go back to the Baroque era. We might find philosopher like John Locke. He started to deal with social human interactions. He also saw that the type of government at that time was wrong. The king for instance had the absolute power. Therefore John Locke came up with his theory of Individual rights. This theory was based that every single person should have right and their right ended where the other person right started. In addition I do also believe that philosophy can help you live a better life. Because one way we define our live is by making the right decisions. Right decisions are decided with wisdom.

Consequently I believe there are many philosophical parameters or theories that we as human’s beings could use to determine our actions or thoughts. Like Plato and his theory was the “World of Forms”. In this theory Plato stated that there are two worlds. One that contains perfection and the other does not. In another words, Plato believe that the real form or perfection of something exist in another world or in our mind. Therefore in the real world we might find the close to perfection of that same object. Consequently I kind of agree with Plato since I think that there are two worlds or realms. The one where we live and the one where we are going once we died. Besides Plato also believe that one could use math and philosophy together in order to find a solution to our problems. He also used to isolate himself for days in order to solve of find solution to a problem. Therefore the way that I relate with Plato is that every time I have a problem I think over and over until I find a solution. It always has worked for me. There was this time when I had to install four florescent lamps in an office and they had to be embedding into the ceiling and the space was too short for they to fit. So I spent the whole day thinking for a solution which I found the next day. Another theory I also apply to my everyday life is the philosophy of Ethos. His philosophy stated that music or art affect humans’ behavior and way of thinking. Therefore I apply Ethos philosophy all the time. For example when I fell down I usually listen to the kind of music that makes me hipper and gets me ready. Besides I use different kind of music for certain occasions.

On the other hand I do try to live my live the best possible that I can. Besides I would like that other people live their life the way that I live mine. Yet I do not think it would make it a better place. The reason why is because it would be boring that everyone would live under the same aspect. In my opinion I think that the world as it is today is perfect that nothing has to be change. The reason that I use to support my theory is that the world in order to be world it has to holds or have everything in it. Things like good people to worst one. Besides we as humans being do not share the same taste.

Finally like the Socrates once said, I too say it now that Knowledge can set us free. Meaning that we should learn all that we can in our life time, because we do not know when we might have to use that knowledge. Besides when we learn things, no one can come with a false theory or story about something and the reason why is because we then base on our knowledge might know what is true or right. Therefore that is why I use philosophy in mi daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment